Search This Blog

3/01/2017

What's new in my collection - Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Filler

Dear Roses and Lilies,

I went to some stores intending to get an affordable brow mascara/tinted brow gel, because I do not currently own one. Instead, I got sidetracked by this Maybelline fiber brow filler. I do not own any fiber brow products either, so I thought I would give this a go, and see if it really does something for brows. I watched someone on youtube talk about this product, but it did not really spark my interest, because the review was not glowing. Now that I saw it in the store, I realize why this would not be for everyone. First off, the applicator is strange - elongated shape that makes it look somewhat like a spatula, flat on one side, with tiny spikes on the other.




I can see how, for thin brows, this would be really difficult to use, because the applicator is wide. For me, however, the shape is fine, and I can easily comb through my brows, without the product getting everywhere I don't want it to get. Also, the color selection available at the store was limited. I got dark brown because it seemed to best match my natural hair color. Turns out it is a good match, so I feel lucky.

My brows are not the best out there, but they are not the worst either. There are some bald patches on my left brow, due to a variety of reasons: my mom has the same issue with her left brow, I sleep on my left side and "abuse" my brow, I plucked the wrong amount of hairs and they are not growing back. Fiber brow products are meant to give a bit more volume to your brows, not fill in gaps, I know. But the Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Filler did help more than I thought it would. There is a difference, albeit subtle, in my before and after.

     Before                                                                                   After

I have brow hairs that are very light, so the fact that this is a tinted product helped bring out those hairs more. My brows look tamed and, at the same time, a bit more bushy. Still natural and they stay that way until I take the product off. I have bangs and you know how, if your brows are not set with pomade/wax/gel, they tend to lose their shape. With the Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Filler, that does not happen to me anymore. If I am to compare this to a brow gel, I would say gel does keep the brows in place too, but it also tends to make them look crispy. With the fiber brow product, the look is softer. I prefer a softer, more natural look. I usually pencil my brows or use powder if I tie my bangs up. But sometimes, I can't be bothered. I'll just use the Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Filler and be done with it. Recently, I stopped plucking my stray brow hairs because I read somewhere that, if you want your brows to recover from over-plucking, you will need to leave them alone and use various oils or serums to promote growth. Luckily for me, I never bought into the trend of plucking my brows to oblivion, as I always found it would make my face look somehow blank and naked. But I still want bigger brows naturally, so I would eventually be able to stop using pencils and powders to fill in gaps. For now, I really enjoy the look this product gives me and I am moving it up on my list of favorite brow products.

Have you tried this brow product? Did you like it?

xoxo,
WildRose


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign