Search This Blog

3/15/2017

MAC Passionate matte eyeshadow review and looks

Dear Roses and Lilies,

I have started to switch up my eye makeup looks a little recently, straying away from the muted tones that I am used to wearing all the time. Went to MAC, grabbed Passionate and a couple more things.






This is a shade of vibrant pink that stood out to me from the rest of the colors displayed. I finger swatched it in the store, and I liked the initial payoff. The texture is soft, like a very finely milled powder. Here's a little finger swatch for you:



As you can see, this is the type of color that may be a bit harder to pull off, unless you are doing something more edgy, or maybe even stage makeup. The pigmentation is not great from the get go, and the swatch is also uneven. When using a dry brush, you get a soft halo of pink. You do get more pigmentation with a wet brush. It applied a little patchy, but I was able to blend it out and build the color up to the desired intensity. There was very little drop down, although the shade is quite powdery.

The first time I wore Passionate, I wanted to test it without a primer underneath, to see how long it would last on my oily lids. It started to crease 3 hours after application, and it started to fade a little around the edges after 6 hours. I also opted for less layers, and I applied a bit on my lower lash line.




The second time around, I used a primer, and got around 5 hours of wear without creasing or fading. To me, that is impressive, given that I really piled on a lot of layers. Also the second time around, I used my fingers to apply it and build up the intensity, then used a fluffy brush and a brown eyeshadow to blend the edges. I have hooded eyes, and I cannot seem to place the color high enough for it to show up. So, before I finish with the eyeshadow, I go in with liner and mascara. As soon as my lashes are coated in mascara, I can see where I need to add more color. So I used a smudger brush to add more pink close to my "fake" crease, looking straight ahead in the mirror.

This was my eye look:



I wore it for a night out and, as you can see, the color is intense but, if you pair it with something more muted on the rest of your face (only a bit of bronzer and maybe no blush, natural brows, a natural highlight, and a nude lipstick), you will get a fun, but not really over the top look. Also, I chose not to run the color on my lower lash line, because that is not very wearable for real life. Instead, I used a bit of brown, just to add some definition. And white liner on my lower waterline.



What is your go to eye look? Would you wear intense, vivid colors on the day to day basis?

xoxo,
WildRose

P.S.: Here is the ingredients list:
TALC, ZINC STEARATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL. MAY CONTAIN: SILICA, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), RED 40 LAKE (CI 16035), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign