Search This Blog

3/06/2017

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water review

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Today I'll be talking about a micellar water that I have been using for almost a year - the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water for sensitive skin.


I have switched over from Bioderma Sensibio H2O to this, simply because the Garnier micellar water is more affordable. Initially, I thought that I had found something comparable to Bioderma, but that is not necessarily true. It depends on a lot of things, such as personal preference, whether or not you have easier access to one of the other, whether or not you are willing to invest in something that essentially does the same job as the more affordable product does.

Garnier is a brand that has been out there for what seems like a very very long time, and some of the products I tried years ago from them, I really liked. Back then, they were less affordable, because I was financially dependent on my family. Now, a 20 RON (around 5 EUR) micellar water does not seem like a big deal, especially considering the amount of product you get - 400ml, that will last you at least a couple of months.

The things I like about the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water for sensitive skin are: it takes my makeup off easily and leaves a fresh feeling to my skin, it lasts me a long time because of the quantity, it has no fragrance and no alcohol.

This micellar water does not remove waterproof makeup, nor liquid lipstick. So, for that, I use an oil based makeup remover.

What I noticed right after I switched to this micellar water, was that it made my skin feel a little dry. The dryness was more noticeable around my eye area. It did not bother me much, because I like to use an eye cream anyway, right after removing my makeup. But my belief that all micellar waters formulated for sensitive skin are alike was shattered forever.

I did not regret letting go of Bioderma. I like the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water for sensitive skin less, but it does the job. If I were to start doing makeup on other people more, however, I would bounce right back, as I would never use something that I like less on someone else.

Now for the full list of ingredients:

AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, POLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDE

What is your favorite micellar water? Do you use micellar waters at all?

xoxo,
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign