Search This Blog

2/27/2017

Swatch time: Chanel Rouge Allure Ink 152 Choquant

Dear Roses and Lilies,

My first high end lipstick was Chanel, and I fell in love. It was years and years ago, before the Rouge Coco line was revamped and reformulated. After the line relaunched, I got a few staple shades. I did not own any of the Rouge Allures, but now I have 152 Choquant, which is a gorgeous red shade. Looking at my collection of red lipsticks, there is no shade like Chanel's Choquant. I wanted a special red, that I know I would wear over and over again, and this is the perfect one.





I really like a lot of things about this product. First, the packaging is stunning. You get 7gr of product in a transparent glass container, with a back plastic cap with the brand name written on it. It also has the Chanel logo on top of the cap. The applicator is a more firm little sponge, that looks almost like a spatula, but it allows you to control application. The amount that comes off when you take the applicator out should be enough to cover your lips with opaque color. What I like to do is use the amount that is on one side of the applicator to fill in my lips, then I blot, then use the other side of the applicator to go over once again.

What I noticed with application is that you may need a lipliner, as the lipsticks tens to feather out a bit. The texture is very light and soft, and it reminds me of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets. But, unlike the Bourjois liquid lipsticks, Chanel's Choquant takes a long time to dry down and, even then, it is not really matte. Also, this is not as long lasting as your typical liquid lipsticks, which is understandable, given that this is called Rouge Allure Ink, not implying that this would be a full on liquid lipstick, that stays put all day and dries down matte. No, this is more like a nice lip cream, or possibly a liquefied version of a Rouge Coco lipstick (which are, by the way, creamy and nice but not long lasting either). This particular shade of red is very flattering, at least on me. It is also not too light, not too dark, not too pink, and certainly not too warm.

Coming back to the lasting power of this liquid lip ink - yes, it is not long lasting, although it leaves a stain (especially if you blot before adding a second layer). But it also transfers, so you have to be mindful of it. However, it feels very light on the lips, and very moisturizing, so I do not mind it not being a true liquid lipstick. Also, you can top if off during the day, because this is not the type of product that will bunch up or start cracking if you add more layers.

Here are my swatches of Chanel Rouge Allure Ink Choquant:





And a full look, featuring golden glitter eyeshadow


Have you tried any of the other Chanel Rouge Allure Inks? Which one should I try next?

xoxo,
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign