Search This Blog

2/12/2017

MAC Young Attitude Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour review

Dear Roses and Lilies,
Today, I am going to share with you my honest opinions (as always), about the new MAC liquid lipstick called Young Attitude. This is a new color, that MAC added this year to their Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour collection, and is one of the more daring colors. Young Attitude is a dark teal, i.e. the color of my dreams, after red and royal blue.

I find that this is the perfect color for spring/summer, as it goes with more soft makeup and colorful, light clothes.
Young Attitude is as tricky to pull off as it is to apply and wear. There are many things I love about this shade, such as the color in the tube, how it looks applied, the vanilla scent, the fact that it is a lot less drying than the other shade I have from this range. The formula seems to be a bit thinner than what I've experienced with the other colors. But it dries down as quickly as the other ones do, so you need to work fast. If you do not own a dark teal liner (if you do, tell me where I can find one), you will need patience and about 4 q-tips dipped in foundation/concealer, to clean the edges.
So far, however, it is worth the effort.
And effort it is indeed, because Young Attitude does not go on smoothly and evenly in one swipe. You need to apply a thin layer first, and try to cover as much space as possible, then go in with a second layer to correct the patchiness. As a final step, I had to use an eyeliner brush to correct the edges, then the said q-tips to get rid of my little mistakes.

If you go overboard with the layers, you can experience major cracking and flakiness within 2 hours after application. This was what happened after I first applied it, not being careful with the layers.

But we learn from mistakes, don't we? So, the next day, I started over and the result was much better. That being said, I am sad to say that Young Attitude is far from perfect. Even if it dries down matte, it is not 100% transfer proof. I would have lipstick marks on the rim of my cup and, each time I took a bite out of some food, I would see little teal stains and flecks. The next times I used the lipstick, I did not experience the cracking business above, but then I was careful not to eat anything overly greasy. Thinking back at the first time I used it, Young Attitude felt quite heavy on my lips, which I thought was a bummer. But then, when I learned how it's best applied, I could hardly feel it on my lips, to the point where I totally forgot about it and swiped my fingers across my mouth. I got a strip of teal on my fingers, that would only go away by scrubbing at them. Curiously enough, my lips still looked good.
All that being said, Young Attitude is a statement color. You would not wear it to lunch or dinner. I picture myself wearing it for a stroll in the park, at a beach party where I would drink a colorful cocktail out of a straw, or simply where I am in the mood to add color on my lips, and barely anything on my eyes.

For those of you interested, here is the ingredients list:
ISODODECANE, DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYBUTENE, PETROLATUM, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, KAOLIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, BEESWAX/CERA ALBA/CIRE D'ABEILLE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHEROL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERYL BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, TIN OXIDE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, FLAVOR (AROMA), PHENOXYETHANOL. MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (77499), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 28 (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 22 LAKE (CI 45380), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985).
Let me know if you tried MAC's Young Attitude. What was your experience with this gorgeous shade?
xoxo,
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign