Search This Blog

1/09/2017

Swatch time: Rimmel The Only 1 Matte in 200 Salute

Dear Roses and Lilies,

If you have not read my previous post about the Rimmel The Only 1 Matte lipstick, click here. Today, I am going to be talking about the shade 200 Salute.


This is the shade I gravitate towards on a day to day basis, as it is a nice, pinky nude, that goes with everything. I have pink in my skin, so this shade suits me well. On deeper skin tones, this would be a statement shade. On skin with more yellow undertones, this may work, but it also depends on your preference when it comes to nudes. Salute is not too light and not too dark, which makes it different from all the nudes I have in my collection - and most of my nudes are more beige than pink. This is why I decided to get this shade and try it out.

200 Salute
I really enjoying wearing this lipstick, as it applies really easily - it is that creamy. Again, you need to make sure your lips are in good condition, as this is a matte finish. I did not use a lip liner with it, instead I just added more where I needed, such as the corners of my mouth. You get full coverage with two swipes, but you can also just pat it on and blend with your finger. It will still look nice and velvety.

Salute, again, is not a full on matte, so you will get some transfer, but it will last a long time on the lips, without causing discomfort. The scent is signature Rimmel, but not overpowering once the lipstick is on.


I really like the matte, red packaging, but I am still iffy about the shape of the bullet. It really reminds me of the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick bullets.

Have you tried this shade? What shades from the Rimmel The Only 1 Matte range do you like?

xoxo
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign