Search This Blog

1/30/2017

MAC Topped With Brandy Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour review

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Today I will talk about another one of the newer shades that MAC released this month: Topped With Brandy.

This is a darker nude-ish color, that looks dark against my fair complexion, but would look quite natural on darker skin tones. That said, I prefer this one, because it makes for a statement lip, but without being vampy. What I noticed straight off the bat, was that the color did not apply as evenly as I would have liked. You can see below, that there is a patch on my lip that is not completely covered.


Burnt Spice applied evenly in one layer, which makes me think that, the darker you go with these colors, the more patchiness you can expect. However, I did correct the issue with a thin layer just on the area, after the first layer dried down.


Also, compared to Burnt Spice, Topped With Brandy felt heavy on the lips, and slightly more drying, but it was not bad. My lips did not hurt after I took it off. But then, I make sure to really moisturize my lips before I apply any lipstick, and after I take it off, as well.

I wore Topped With Brandy for half a day, and it stayed put, without cracking. I had very minimal transfer, mainly from the inner rim of my lips, at first. At around 10pm, after a piece of cake and a cup of soy milk, this happened:


I could apply another layer to the "affected" area, but I find that, the more layers you add, the less likely it is to actually stay on. Two heavy layers leads to the lipstick cracking and flaking off, unfortunately.

Topped With Brandy is still a really pretty shade, which means I am willing to look past the inconvenience, and actually pack a bit of oil based makeup remover with me if I am going out to lunch or dinner, and redo the lips if I get any "bald" patches. The day I wore it, the lipstick lasted through two meals, but gave up during dessert, so I am still hopeful.

Did you get this shade from MAC? What is your experience with it?

For anyone interested, here's the ingredients list:
ISODODECANE, DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYBUTENE, PETROLATUM, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, KAOLIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, BEESWAX/CERA ALBA/CIRE D'ABEILLE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHEROL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERYL BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, TIN OXIDE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, FLAVOR (AROMA), PHENOXYETHANOL. MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 28 (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 22 LAKE (CI 45380), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985)

xoxo,
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign