Search This Blog

1/23/2017

MAC Burnt Spice Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour review

Dear Roses and Lilies,

This month, MAC came out with a few additional, trendy colors for their retro matte liquid lipsticks. I had two of them on my wishlist, namely Burnt Spice and Topped With Brandy. Today, I am going to talk to you about Burnt Spice, which is a nude (one can never get enough of nudes!), that seems to work on a lot of different skin tones, as it is not too light, and not too dark either.

The moment I got it, I honestly fell in love with the color. It just goes with any of my makeup looks, and with anything I choose to wear. Also, it's an all year rounder, and the scent reminds me of delicious vanilla cream.

The lipstick has a doe foot applicator that makes it easy to reach the corners of your mouth, and it also helps overline your lips. The pigmentation is great, as I only needed one swipe for full on coverage. The texture seems runny at first, but then the lipstick dries down fast enough that you don't really need a lip liner. Once it is dry, you will notice some of the lip texture being emphasized, which means your lips need to be in very good condition, before you wear this lipstick. MAC also came out with a primer for these lipstick, but I opted to go "bare", as you can use your face primer for your lips anyway, if you want to include that extra step.

Here is my lip swatch:


Now, all of the retro matte liquid lipsticks from MAC will give you the slightly dry looking lips, as it is meant to be matter than matte, if that makes any sense. For me, that is not a problem, because I actually enjoy the look, as long as it is not straight up "have you been walking the Sahara for a week without water?!" kind of look.
I also tested the longevity of the lipstick, and I am proud to say that it lasted on my lips, without fading or cracking or bunching up, the whole day. I did notice a tiny amount of transfer on my coffee mug, but that did not alter the coverage of the lipstick at all (you'll see what I mean in my review for the Topped With Brandy shade). If you enjoy greasy food, you need to know that there is going to be a little fading and some transfer, depending on the amount of oil that is in the food.

Burnt Spice was a little drying, and I did feel the need to lick my lips a bit more throughout the day than I normally feel. But I do not mind that, as it also makes me drink more water, which I truly need to do. At the 7th hour mark, my lips started to look a little dryer, the lines started to show up more. I didn't remove the lipstick until a few more hours later, before going to bed. Your normal makeup remover will not really work. You will need to use an oil based makeup remover, or straight up oil.

I was very impressed with the quality and staying power of MAC's Burnt Spice liquid lipstick. I recommend it to anyone who is a matte lipstick lover!

And now, dear Roses and Lilies, here is what you are putting on your lips:
ISODODECANE, DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYBUTENE, PETROLATUM, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, KAOLIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, BEESWAX/CERA ALBA/CIRE D'ABEILLE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHEROL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERYL BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, TIN OXIDE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, FLAVOR (AROMA), PHENOXYETHANOL. MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 28 (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 22 LAKE (CI 45380), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985)

Which MAC Retro Matte Liquid Licolour did you pick up from the new shade selection?

xoxo,
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign