Search This Blog

1/16/2017

Lancome Virtuose Mascara review

Dear Roses and Lilies,

It has been a while since I've reviewed any mascara and, now that I got a new one, in a travel makeup set, I thought I'd thoroughly test it and give you my thoughts.

Today's mascara is Lancome Virtuose, which is designed to curl and separate your lashes "for up to 12 hours".


This is a mini that comes in the Lancome travel sets, which you can typically get in airports or on planes. It is a black mascara, with a matte finish, and the mini tube should last you 3 months (if you use it in rotation with other mascaras). It has a curved brush, with classic bristles on it and, contrary to what I experienced with other mascaras with bristles like this, the Virtuose mascara really does separate my lashes quite well.

Another thing it does as promised, is give my lashes a slight curl. I tried this mascara on also after curling my lashes, and it held the curl. Pretty impressive so far!

Now, on my skinny lashes, I prefer volume and curl rather than separation, but I went with it, for a more natural look. What I noticed, after 7 hours of wear, is that Virtuose does smudge a little on me. So I wiped away the smudges and went about my evening. Then I thought - wait, I think Lancome claims this mascara will keep my lashes in place for up to 12 hours - so I did not take the mascara off till the next morning. I woke up, looked in the mirror, and discovered little mascara flakes under my eyes. Wiped them away, and my lashes looked the same as they did when the mascara was freshly applied!


You can see, my lashes are still curled and separated, and there are no clumps. I cannot, however, get the mascara to build up without clumps, so that is something to bear in mind. All in all, I think it is a very good mascara if curl and separation is what you are looking for. I would not purchase this one for myself, because I need volume. Lots of volume.

What is your favorite mascara from Lancome?

xoxo
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign