Search This Blog

1/02/2017

Hello 2017 - de-clutter my makeup stash

Dear Roses and Lilies,

It is the beginning of another fabulous year, so you get to see what I get rid of and why.

This was my make up stash, before I singled out items I will not be using anymore. By the way, if you want to follow me on Instagram, the account name is wildrosesandlilies ;-)


Let's jump right in, and show you what goes bye bye

First up, base:

Clarins Everlasting Foundation SPF 15 - in the original formula, would be the foundation I am getting rid of. I did not like the finish - too dry and it looked chalky, and I absolutely hated the fact that the pump got clogged after each use.
Clarins Lisse Minute Base Comblante - is a silicone based primer. Nothing wrong with it, I just did not reach for it enough to finish it up. I preferred Bourjois's Flower Perfection primer over this.

ByTerry Voile Pudre Eclat - Correcting Mattifying Loose Powder in Ivory Peach - sooo the wrong shade for me! I do not need peach colored powder, in fact I do not need any colored loose powder. On my oily skin, any colored loose powder will look too dark or too off. With the ByTerry powder, not only do I look peachy, but also wrinkly and dry. It sets in fine lines and emphasizes dry patches like crazy. So not worth spending money on...

Next up, eyes:
Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer - fantastic for me, as it has the amount of coverage I want, it lasts well throughout the day, and it is affordable. Will need to repurchase.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer - it is fine, nothing to complain about, except the price. I have a primer that does the job, and costs a lot less. So I am not purchasing the full size of this baby.

Rimmel Brow This Way tinted wax and brow powder - great little set, that I loved until I changed my hair color and discovered the Sephora brow pencil. But I do recommend this product, if 1 of the 3 available shades is right for you.
Farmasi Terracotta 4-Color Eye Shadow - beautiful colors, but there is so much fallout and they are so hard to blend, that I strayed away. Sometimes, affordable does not mean good quality.

Korres Sunflower And Evening Primrose Eyeshadow single in 77 Plum - really lovely plummy color, very smooth texture, that is easy to blend and is long wearing. But I just don't reach for this color often enough.
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows - love love love! But, since I have a lot of eyeshadows to play with, I wasn't able to finish these minis up, so what is left has gotten dry. Bye bye Benefit! (for now, as I love these eyeshadows)
Clarins mini Makeup Palette - this was a gift with purchase, and I really enjoyed the silver green eyeshadow. I wasn't impressed enough to get the single, and I did not care much for that blush color either.
Clarins Enchanted eyeshadow and eye liner palette - I loved this so much that I ended up holding on to it just for the patterns. The purple eyeshadow is great, but I don't gravitate towards purples that much. This was a limited edition palette, so I cannot repurchase.
Dior 5 Couleurs eyeshadow palette in 876 Trafalgar - what was I thinking? This expires within 6 months of opening it, which means, you are supposed to use it daily. These shades are fall-winter appropriate, but the color selection and the quality of the eyeshadows means I am getting rid of the palette before hitting pan on either of these colors. 3 out of 5 stars for this palette, and never getting a Dior palette again, without researching the heck out of it. It is way too expensive for what it has to offer.

This is it for the eyes, now for the cheeks:
Bourjois Blush Exclusif - a product that I bought because the idea intrigued me - this is a cream that is supposed to change into a bespoke shade of pink, once it is on your skin. It turns pink, bright pink alright. But it is too hard to blend and you'll ruin your foundation.
L'Occitane en Provence Facecolour Powder in 02 Valse de Vienne - I have had it for a very long time, just for the pattern. I have a Clarins blush in this shade of pink, that I love more.
Sephora Artist's Blush in Coral - this was a limited edition blush that looked cool to me. But it is not very pigmented and registers more pink than coral on my skin. I never manage to blend it well, so I need to stop using it altogether.

Last but not least, lips, going from left to right, top to bottom:
TheBalm Girls lipsticks in Anita Boytoy and Mia Moore. I am not into frosty pinks, so I only used Anita Boytoy for a little while, and now it's gone bad. Mia Moore I loved, but I gathered up so many great red lipsticks, that I cannot use this one anymore (expired).
Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in 30 Fuchsia Ecstasy - I don't know what I dislike more about this one - the fact that it bleeds, or the scent. Clarins Rouge Eclat in 08 Coral Pink - lovely formula, great pigmentation, but I don't reach for this color anymore (my mom will love it though). Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in 52 Orange Red - why does it have to be dirty brick red? Why?
Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate in 03 - not a good shade of nude for me. I wish I would love it, but it's too '90s brown nude on me. Givenchy Le Rouge Givenchy in 202 Rose Dressing - very wearable, very comfortable, not very long lasting, and now very expired, sadly. Maybelline Color Sensational in 445 Mango Diamonds - I was looking for a dupe for an old Clarins favorite, and this shade was the closest thing. Except the Maybelline one has tons of micro glitter, that drives me nuts every time I put it on. So I am not getting glittery lipsticks ever again.

This is it, dear Roses and Lilies, for the products I am letting go of. Would love to know your thoughts!

Lots of love and Happy New Year!
WildRose

2 comments:

  1. I really need to try the Rimmel wake me up concealer, I have heard amazing things about it.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good for the price, but it is not full coverage

      Delete

Share your opinions here and sign