Search This Blog

12/13/2016

Dior Diorskin Forever Foundation SPF 35 PA +++ review

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Today we are reviewing the reformulated Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect Makeup Everlasting Wear Pore-Refining Effect SPF 35 PA +++ foundation. Quite a mouthful, isn't it?

When I tried the original formula, years ago, I disliked the chalkiness, the dryness, and how it emphasized my pores and fine lines. The original Forever foundation simply made me look older than I was and more dehydrated.


Now, Dior has reformulated the foundation, and added more SPF in it as well (25 vs. 35), which is nice.

The other thing that I found very nice is that they added less alcohol. In the old formula, alcohol was second on the list, which is a no no, because oily skin especially does not need alcohol. It will just promote more oil production, to protect your skin from drying out. What I have also noticed about the new formula, is that my pores and fine lines are not emphasized so much anymore. I only use my fingers to apply foundation, so I will still see pores. Beauty blenders are used damp, which tends to thin the foundations out a bit and make them more blendable. Also, blending with a sponge or brush would help conceal pores better. But when I test foundations, I want to see how they work applied with fingers, how they feel and how they blend. Diorskin Forever is still a bit hard to blend, as the formula is thick, but a bit does go a long way and covers like a dream. Excuse the breakout, but see how well the foundation covers imperfections!
Before vs After
The lasting power of the Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect Makeup Everlasting Wear Pore-Refining Effect SPF 35 PA +++ foundation is also very good. I tested it without a primer and I did not set it with powder. I only started to get shiny on my T zone at around the 9 hour mark, but I fixed the situation with some tissues. Removing it is not easy, and I would recommend double cleansing, even if you used an oil based make-up remover.

Now for the ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Methyl Trimethicone, Isododecane, Alcohol, Dimethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, EthylhexylMethoxycinnate, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Silica, Titanium Dioxide [Nano], Methyl Methaceylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate,, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium EDT, Algin, Linalool, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Limonene, Butylphenyl MEthylpropional Acacia Senegal Gum, Citronellal, Xanthan Gum, BHT, Serine, Sodium Stearate, Atelocollagen, Zinc Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Tocopherol [+/-: CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)]

Have you used this foundation? How do you like it?

xoxo
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign