Search This Blog

11/27/2016

TONYMOLY Petite Bunny Gloss Bar in 04 Juicy Cherry

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Today, we'll be venturing into the magic world of Korean beauty. In Romania, the trend is relatively new, and so it is for the rest of the Western world, I guess. Here, we can find a few products in shops like Sephora, or online, on www.dollyskin.ro, for example.

My local Sephora stores currently carry a few products from TONYMOLY - mostly creams in uber cute packaging, that I am personally not very attracted to.


However, browsing though the store, I found these cute gloss sticks, that I have also seen on dollyskin.ro. I don't normally go for lip glosses, as I like my lip products to be very pigmented and non sticky. But the packaging just brought out the little girl in me.



It was not very expensive, although I am sure I can find lots of tinted lip balms for less (for this is, really, a glossy, tinted lip balm). Some of you may remember and cherish the Nivea tinted lip balms, which are a lot less, for example. The price of this gloss stick is 28 RON (around 8 USD) for 2g / 0.07oz of product. Just as a fun fact, the Clinique Chubby Stick costs 89 RON (around 25 USD) for 3g / 0.10oz of product. If I were to compare them, I would say that the TONYMOLY one is better, even though there is less product, and the stick is not very pigmented. The Clinique one does have more pigment (and no fragrance), but it dries my lips slightly.

Speaking of fragrance, this Petite Bunny Gloss Bar has a sweet, cherry scent. I do not find it overpowering at all and it seems to dissipate in the first minute or so after application. It doesn't have any taste in particular, just the generic lip balm one (no, I did not lick the stick, nor bite it off). The texture is as soft as your would expect and the end result is a "your lips but better" type of look and feel. The tint lasts pretty well too, which is impressive. The finish is slightly glossy, nothing major. After 3 hours of wear, my lips feel better, softer, and are still mildly tinted. Good job, TONYMOLY!



And finally, here is the ingredients list: Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Triethylhexanoin, Diisostearyl Malate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Diglyceryl Sebacate/ Isopalmitate, Ozokerite, Ceresin, Phytosteryl Isostearyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Glyceryl, Ethylhexanoate/ Stearate/ Adipate, Dipentaerythrityl, Hexahydroxystearate/ Hexastearate/ Hexarosinate, VP/ Hexadecene Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Synthetic Wax, Dicalcium Phosphate, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red 7 (Cl 15850:1), Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Red 28 Lake (Cl 45410), Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Red 6 (Cl 15850), Ascorbyl, Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water, Butylene Glycol, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Fragoria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinum Angustifolium (Blueberry)  Fruit Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract.

I still use cosdna.com to analyse what these ingredients are and which ones can potentially be harmful (if you know another site / other websites I can use, feel free to post them in the comments section). The ingredients used in this product seem tame. And before you go - Oh, there is paraben in it! - I just want to let you you know that I'd take a paraben instead of BHT any day. :-)

Hope you enjoyed this post!

xoxo
WildRose


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign