Search This Blog

11/20/2016

Rimmel London Fresher Skin SPF 15 foundation first impressions

Dear Roses and Lilies,

I bought the recently launched Rimmel London Fresher Skin SPF15 foundation, because it looked promising in the ad, and the price was too good to ignore. I quite like some of the drugstore foundations, as long as they are not extremely cheap, but I decided to make an exception on this product.

So I got a cute little pot, in the shade #200 Soft Beige. In Romania, we have 4 shades, and this is the one next to the darkest shade available. It does not match my skin tone, but I intend to use this foundation more during summer, if it doesn't fail me altogether. That being said,




I like the packaging, despite it being a classic, glass jar. You get 25ml/0.84fl oz of product, which doesn't seem much, but the foundation has a cream consistency, so it's more than enough for me. Because it is a jar packaging, there is the possibility of the product getting contaminated, so please do not dip your fingers or your brush in the pot.

I use a spatula to scoop some product out and then close the lid tightly. The product is safe to use, according to the sticker, for up to 15 months after opening the jar.


The claims: "A lightweight foundation that leaves skin looking & feeling fresh. It provides breathable natural looking coverage that doesn't clog pores for an all day shine-free finish."

My findings: It was easy to apply, and blended out nicely. I must mention, I did not use a primer, powder, nor a setting spray with this foundation. I used my fingers to apply it and work it into my skin, like I would a moisturizer. Right away, I noticed it clung to some of my dry patches, so make sure your skin is moisturized before applying this foundation. My skin is typically sensitive/oily, but it seems to be somewhat dehydrated lately. Yeah, winter is coming...
I also noticed that it sets pretty quickly, which I am pleased with. I don't like the sticky feeling some foundations have before finally setting.



The finish is satiny, the coverage is light to medium - just the way I like it. It does not emphasize my pores very much (I do have large pores anyway) and it does not settle in my fine lines, yay!

As for the longevity - impressive! I only used a blotting tissue once, after 5 hours of wear, which wasn't even really necessary, because the shine was minimal. I wanted to blot anyway, to see if the foundation transfers onto the tissue - and it does not!

After 7 hours, my skin is looking and feeling ok (not the case with other foundations, for me). All praise aside, me not getting shiny is not only due to the oil absorbing properties of this foundation, but it is also due to the fact that this is an alcohol free product + I did not eat any greasy/spicy food today.


The scent reminds me of cucumbers, which is there to give you the all around fresh feeling, I suppose. It's a nice scent, and it fades within a few minutes, so not worries. Chanel foundations, for example, have a stronger scent, that does linger for a while. (How dare I compare this to Chanel?! Ha-ha, Chanel is the first that popped into my mind, as I love the scent of their foundations, even if it's strong).

As a whole, I enjoy the Rimmel Fresher Skin SPF15 foundation, and I am waiting to see if it will break me out/withstand the summer heat.

Before I forget, here's the ingredients list:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Ethylhexyl Methoxicinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide, Myristic/Palmitic/Stearic/Ricinoleic/Eicosanedioic Glycerides, Sorbeth-30 Tetraisostearate, Kaolin, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Chlorphenesin, Sodium PCA, PPG-8-Ceteth-20, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyurethane-14, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, AMP-Acrylates Copolymer, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Dextrin Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Aminomethyl Propanol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Tocopherol, Citronellol, Alfa-Isomethyl Ionone, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Algae Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Benzoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

Have you tried this foundation yet? What are your thoughts? I saw someone mentioning on Instagram the other day that the foundation started to separate (or something like that) after using a setting spray on top. I hate spraying anything on my face, so I don't own/use any setting sprays. Did you have the same issue with this foundation? Let me know in the comments section below and enjoy what's left of this weekend!

xoxo
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign