Search This Blog

9/26/2015

Swatch time: Rimmel APOCALIPS in Meteoric Matte 307

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Let's continue with the mini series on the Rimmel Apocalips liquid lipsticks... yes, I still love them and want to talk about them and show you the seriously pretty and wearable colors.

The latest look you'll see proudly displayed below was initially planned out as a - nude lips, strong brows - kind of look. Then I remembered it's fall, so in with the deeper colors! Kept the strong brows (uhm, mistake?) and applied Rimmel Apocalips in 307 Meteoric Matte on my lips.


Rimmel APOCALIPS 307 Meteoric Matte



As I mentioned in a previous post(here), darker colors are tricky to work with. With liquid lipsticks, however, it's a hundred times easier. First, you do not need a lip liner because this liquid lippie has a doe foot applicator. Second, the texture of the lipstick is creamy, but not runny. So there is no feathering and no bleeding (at least on me), which I get with some solid lipsticks. Yay for Rimmel!

The color is wearable and you can pair it a more neutral eye makeup or, if you want to go all the way, vamp the look up with a smoky eye. I wanted a more daytime look, so I did a neutral / nude eye makeup (a touch of neutral eyeshadow and mascara); for my face, I wanted something matte but luminous and a touch of neutral blush.


Last but not least, slapped on these dorky looking glasses and I was good to go. :-)

What do you think of Rimmel's Apocalips liquid lipstick in 307 Meteoric Matte?

xoxo
WildRose

3 comments:

  1. I have been curious about this product, but haven't bought it yet. I guess I have to now, although I will probably get a deferent shade.
    The New Old Fashioned Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have nice shades to choose from, and they are affordable!

      Delete

Share your opinions here and sign