Search This Blog

4/04/2015

Swatch time: Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Dressing 202

Dear Roses and Lilies,

The weather outside is so nice today, that I had to grab a pink lipstick to go with the spring-y mood. I've sort of fallen in love with the Givenchy packaging of the Le Rouge collection, so I got two pink shades to brighten up my days.


One of the cutest pinks I could find is Rose Dressing #202 - a deliciously soft color, somewhat sensual, but quite cheery at the same time. It looks like a pink-y coral in the tube but, on my lips, it's rather pink than coral. This shade would suite any skin tone, as it will look vibrant on darker skin tones and soft on lighter skin tones. Or is it the other way around? :-D

The finish is semi-matte, rather satiny and the coverage is good in one layer, but gets better if you apply a second layer. What I noticed is that you need to make sure your lips are prepped and well moisturized before applying this color. Otherwise, it will look streaky and it will highlight dry bits of skin. As far as hydration goes, I can't say it's fabulously moisturizing for my generally dry lips, but it's ok, compared to other matte and semi-matte finish lipsticks. Other than that, it wears beautifully throughout the day. You will need to reapply, of course, because its staying power is not good, when you eat and drink.

Wouldn't you agree, however, that taking the lipstick out of your handbag and retouching in public is very feminine? Given that the tube is dressed in real leather, you would catch everyone's attention. I don't remember seeing lipstick tubes dressed in leather before, and this one is so rock & roll and so dark and sooooo Givenchy! Ultimately, it is also very me. :-)

And here's my Givenchy Le Rouge Rose Dressing look






Hope you enjoyed this quick post!

xoxo
WildRose





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign