Search This Blog

4/05/2015

Swatch time: Givenchy Le Rouge in Magnolia Organza 301

Dear Roses and Lilies,

The second shade of pink I got is really a more spring/summer color, in that it is more vibrant and more inviting. This one is called Magnolia Organza #301.



When I first saw it, I thought it would be like a light fuchsia color. However, when applied, it's rather a reddish pink, very luminous and cheery. It lasts longer on my lips than Rose Dressing and it seems to also leave a mild stain. With its satiny finish, this color is not drying but does feel a bit heavy. If you blot it down and apply a bit of powder, it will look completely matte, but it won't lose the luminous vibe.


The tube comes, again, dressed in black leather, very rock & roll. The lipstick has the Givenchy logo stamped on it, which is lovely and makes me almost not want to use it all up. I love Magnolia Organza, and how vibrant it looks against paler skin tones. It attracts attention, that's how pretty it is and it's the kind of color you could pair up with some contouring or bronzer, instead of blusher.

What I did today was to pair it with my usual strong brows (can't live without strong brows), a flick and purple eyeshadow. Sounds funny, eh? It isn't, really. I have hooded eyes so the purple eyeshadow is only there to clash with my lipstick when I close my eyes. I am not a contouring buff, so all I did with my cheeks is to powder them, then apply the faintest amount of bronzer in the "hollows" of my cheeks, blending it well.

And this is the finished look:

Hope you liked this post as well.

Till next time,
xoxo
WildRose

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I love a strong brow too - I feel like my face looks empty without it! I love that the packaging is black leather, that's so unique and super luxurious. What a perfect spring shade too!

    Sinead xo http://www.fabuleusetoujours.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sinead! I love ur blog xoxo

      Delete

Share your opinions here and sign