Search This Blog

4/05/2015

Farmasi BB+ Age Defence Skin Perfecting Balm

Dear Roses and Lilies,

As summer slowly approaches, I tend to turn towards lighter coverages, for a lighter feel on my skin. I never really enjoyed medium to full coverage foundations, so I am a sucker for BB and CC creams.

The BB cream from Farmasi, going by the name of BB+ Age Defence Skin Perfecting Balm (yeah, I know, it's supposed to be "defense" but you got the point), is one of the best BB creams you can get for a very affordable price. But before I get into some details, here's the ingredients list:




Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trihydroxystearin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Magnesium Aspartate/Zinc Gluconate/Copper Gluconate/Calcium Gluconate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Niacinamide, Macademia Ternifolia Seed Oil, BHT. [+/-May Contain: Cl 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron Oxides.]




The tube contains 50ml / 1.7 fl.oz. of product, the packaging is recyclable and... wait for it... CRUELTY FREE!!! Yes, all you animal rights activists out there - if you don't like the big name brands because they test their products on animals, here's a brand that does not and also offers quality for a great price.

I love that the tube is sealed, although the foil was a bit difficult to remove. Once that's done, you can immediately notice that the texture is somewhat runny. That is why you are supposed to shake the tube before taking the cap off. There are just two shades to choose from: Light to Medium and Medium to Dark. I bought the Light to Medium version, which is, as usual, too dark for me.



But that didn't stop me from test driving this product for a few days, just to see how my skin would react. Here are my findings:

All the good stuff listed (vitamins, hyaluronic acid, collagen etc.) may improve the way your skin looks. But, for that to happen, you'd have to stick to using this product for an extensive period of time, in addition to your usual skincare products. Having said that, this is a very good tinted moisturizer, that doesn't sit on your skin's surface, making you look like you're wearing a mask. It has light coverage, as you can see from the picture below. If you apply a very small amount, the finish looks light. The more layers you add, however, the darker it will look, up to a point. Yes, it is buildable and it blends easily because of the high amount of silicone in it. For medium skin tones, I would recommend adding some product on the back of your hand, waiting for a few seconds until it oxidizes, then you can apply it and it won't look too pale.
This BB cream has SPF 25 - chemical sunscreen, though. So, if you don't feel comfy about chemical sunscreen, you can stop reading. :-)
As far as the texture, I mentioned it is somewhat runny, but shake the tube well and it will be like a light moisturizer... and it dries to a satiny finish. If you want a dewy look, what you can do is apply a dewy moisturizer or primer before this BB cream.
In terms of longevity on the skin - it stays put for 5 hours on oily skin. If you want it to last more, set it with powder and buff away. Personally, I got used to foundation and tinted moisturizer not to last very long on me, so 5 hours is very good. Of course, I kind of cheat because I apply a mattifying moisturizer, which also helps it last longer, and a powder.
My skin feels alright after these few days of testing the BB+ Age Defence Skin Perfecting Balm. It doesn't feel dehydrated and I didn't get any unpleasant surprises. This product does not contain alcohol and the fragrance it does have is really mild, hardly perceivable. It did not cause any breakouts on my skin, no flare-ups and, best of all, no clogged pores. I like hyaluronic acid and collagen in my skincare - because prevention is better than treatment.



Here's one beauty spot blurred out. You can see, the coverage is light so, if you have anything to cover up, you need to use a concealer. 

All in all, I really enjoy using this BB cream (yes, even if it's aimed at 35-year-olds and older), because of the skincare benefits, the texture, the finish and the coverage. 

My only concern is the veryyyyy limited color range (and, because of this, I'll only start using this BB+ Age Defence Skin Perfecting Balm again in summer, after I get a tan).

If you are not into this age defense thingy, Farmasi also has a BB cream for younger skins and a CC cream you can look into. If you do feel like you need a boost beyond the formulation for 35+, there is a BB cream specially formulated for 45+ skins.

Let me know, in the comment box below, if you liked my post and if you want me to get the other BB creams and the CC cream and review them for you.

xoxo
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign