Search This Blog

3/08/2015

Swatch time: NEW Chanel Rouge Coco in 416 COCO

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Ever since I read about the launch of the new Rouge Coco reformulated lipsticks, now claiming to be "ultra hydrating lip colours", I've been eager to try out new shades. My boyfriend kindly bought me two of these lipsticks, number 416 Coco and number 440 Arthur. Today, I'll be talking about Coco.

First, what's in my lipstick:
Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, C20-24 Alkyl Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Bis-behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Jojoba Esters, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polyglycerin-3, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium Hectorite,Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Propylene Carbonate, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Helianthus Annuus Cera Seed (Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax), Silica, Parfum, PEG-8, Alumina, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid

Of course, there is another part of the list, with ingredients it may contain (most of them pigments, titanium dioxide and mica), but that is already printed on each little box.

Moving on...


As I'm sure you've already heard, this is a new formula, which is supposed to moisturize your lips better. Compared to the old formulation, this version is shiny. It has, of course, more slip and, with the two lipsticks I own, more slip = less pigmented. Indeed, with 416 Coco, I have to apply several layers of lipstick to get medium opacity. I could not build up to fully opaque, the formula simply doesn't make it possible. The finish does remind me of the reformulated Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks, where there is more color, but the same shiny, almost glossy finish. For me, it is as hydrating as the old formula, in that it's not ultra hydrating at all. I do prep my lips and moisturize them before applying any lipstick. And it's the same as with any other lipstick I've tried (except for two other brands), where my lips start to feel a bit dry after 4 hours of wear.

This shade stuck on for 2 hours (I had something to drink and used a straw, then I ate) and then it was all but gone, except for the outline of my lips. It leaves a mild stain on the center of the lips, which is good, if you have a similar shade in a gloss version to apply on top.

There is no micro-glitter in Coco, which could have made it a bit similar to the old Clarins Rouge Prodige Coral Tulip lipstick. But the shade is still an orange-y coral, that looks a bit funny on its own, against pale skin.



Coco is quite light reflective, so excuse the pic. In real life, it registers more like a dirty orange, but that would depend a lot on your skin. I believe that, on a medium or tanned skin, this would look lovely. So, till summer's here, I am going to layer it with either a coral gloss or an orange one, to tweak the intensity.

I still love the color, even though it doesn't particularly suit me. And I love the name. :-)

Have you tried this shade? How do you like it?

xoxo
WildRose




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign