Search This Blog

5/20/2014

Natural summer glow with Bourjois

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Finally, after many trials and sad results, I found a bronzer that is close to perfect. Since I am yet to become a bronzer buff, buying a more wallet friendly bronzing powder seemed like the best idea. Wasting money on a high end bronzer, only to discover it looks bad on your complexion is really not something I want to do... again. :-D


Bourjois' Delice de Poudre was the product of choice. This is a matte bronzing powder with barely there shimmer particles. It comes in two shades, so that fair complexion as well as deeper complexions could benefit from the "sun in a box".

The powder smells faintly of chocolate but, once applied, the scent quickly fades.

About the shimmer particles - you know how some bronzing powders make your face look shiny all over, because of the shimmer.
Delice de Poudre has shimmer in it, but it's only there so you won't look flat. The powder is still good for contouring.

Now to the look...

A good base is very important before bronzer. So make sure to use a good foundation, that looks natural. The heavier the coverage, the cakier your makeup will look with the bronzer on.

Conceal your undereye area if needed - there is no puffiness and blueish hues in summer, after spending the day on the beach, right?

On your eyelids, use your favorite shade. I am more into neutrals lately, so Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in no pressure! is my go to.

Next are brows and lashes. I like to do my brows before my lashes. Depending on how heavily I pencil my eyebrows, I would use either a lengthening or a volumizing mascara. I use the same pencil to line my upper lash line. When using this kind of pencils on your lash line, do so gently. They tend to be drier and more difficult to use as liners.

Once the eyes are done, powder your face all over. This is important, so the bronzer won't stick to your base and make you look dirty.

Let the makeup set while doing your lips. I love this hot red chilly hue from Bourjois's Rouge Edition Velvet line. Apart from being affordable, the shades are very nice and the product is high quality.

Saving the best for last... apply the bronzing powder all over you face. Start with contouring your face, though. Then you can decide how much and where to apply the powder to next.

The end results should be a natural glow, that doesn't look too yellow or too orange.





The hand is there to show you the difference between my natural pre-summer skintone vs. the bronzer look.

I enjoyed doing this look on myself and I was happy to discover that it lasted around 9 hours without fading or sliding off my face.

Can you recommend a fantastic bronzing powder?

xoxo
WildRose




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign