Search This Blog

5/12/2014

My casual day look with pale lips

Dear Roses and Lilies,

When trying to look effortlessly chic, sometimes it's best to minimal makeup for a maximum effect. When I posted a series of 4 pictures on facebook with different interpretations of casual chic, this particular look  received the most votes. The overall feel is supposed to be fresh and serene, like a summer morning.


How to:

Starting with the base, I didn't feel like doing something heavy, so I used Rimmel's Matte BB cream in light, just where I needed some evening out. Then I prepped and primed my eyes with Benefit's Stay Don't Stray, added some shine on my eyelids with Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in no pressure! and lined my upper lash line using a gel eyeliner. The one I have is the very cheap kind, that has a more matte finish - kind of like a pencil, but long lasting. The thick liner with a flick is designed to make your eyelashes look longer at the outer corners. It also gives you that cute kitten look.

On to mascara - no eyelash curling because I used plenty of Miss Sporty SL3DV.  Then I filled in my brows using my Rimmel eyebrow pencil.

On my cheeks, I applied Bourjois Blush Exclusif - a really nice pale pink cream to powder blusher.

I applied some powder on the center of my face to pale down the BB cream a bit. Turns out "light" is not light enough for me. But it's Rimmel - only available in two shades - at a great price.

My lips received "special" treatment: no liner, no color, just a highly moisturizing and refreshing cooling gloss from L'Occitane En Provence ( which, I think, is discontinued... sadly ).

The only slightly complicated thing about this look is getting the lines right. Tracing them with a brush dipped in gel eyeliner does make the job a whole lot easier than struggling with a liquid liner.

I hope you enjoyed this post!

xoxo
WildRose


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign