Search This Blog

5/14/2014

My casual day look with nude lips

Dear Roses and Lilies,

This is my third variant of a casual day look, that I like wearing most of the time. The difference, on this one, is that you need to subtly change the tones from neutral-cold to neutral-warm. Does that make sense? No? Then keep reading...

First step is foundation - well blended, same tone as your skin and don't forget to conceal any red areas around your nose. Then add concealer if you need extra coverage and move on to eyes. I love the kitten flick liner so, when I have time, I pay extra attention to getting the lines right. And these,of course, on top of a neutral or brightening eye shadow.

The eyelashes need to be curled and then coated in mascara, so that you would get extra definition on your eyes. And don't forget your eyebrows: keep them groomed and healthy.

Powder the center of your face if you have combo or oily skin - this is important even with foundations aimed at these skin types, because the oil absorbing ingredients in them will do the job only for a few hours.

Now on to the cheeks...

On my last two looks, I used the Bourjois Blush Exclusif pink blusher, which looks really light on me. I didn't bother taking the blusher off - it would have meant redoing the base and that's boring. :-)
So I simply added another Bourjois cream blusher on top - 04 Sweet Cherry.

For lips, I used TheBalm Girls in Mai Billsbepaid on top of a light stain or, to be more specific, on top of what was left of Givenchy's Le Rouge in 301 Magnolia Organza.

The nude lipstick from TheBalm is creamy and leaning towards brown-y rather than pink-y.



Sometimes I love the color, but, now that I used the cherry blusher, I felt like some pink mixed in with the nude would work better.


What do you think?

xoxo
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign