Search This Blog

5/09/2014

Dior Addict Fluid Stick Mirage Look

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Not so long ago, Dior launched their line of fusion lipsticks, following the trend: not a lipstick, not a gloss, but something inbetween and liquid-y. When I first saw them, I wasn't very impressed. The packaging of the Dior Addict lipsticks never did attract me. They look like drugstore brand lipsticks, IMO. The packaging for their Fluid Sticks is the same style, only bigger and heavier. It's meant to look like a lipstick bullet, which is cute if you enjoy these little marketing tricks.

I was also reluctant to trying these out because my YSL glossy stain damages my lips.

After careful consideration and reading some reviews on the internet, I took the plunge. I am still not happy about how the packaging looks, sorry Dior. But the product itself is very good.

I have #338 Mirage, which I first thought would be a nude-y color, by the way it looks in the tube.





When applied, it's this really pale orange color - like almost ripe oranges.

Which reminded me of my orange-y blusher, from Farmasi. I bought it some time ago, in hopes of paring it with an orange lipstick and blue eyeshadow. Sounds crazy, right?

The look I did using Mirage, however, is more casual and appropriate for summer.





When creating this look, I started with the base. My skin felt dull so I used the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation, working it from the center of my face outwards. Then I applied Benefit's Stay Don't Stray around my eyes and my nasal folds for some brightening.

Did some pinpoint concealing using the Korres Pomegranate Concealer, which is very long lasting and heavy coverage. Then I applied Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in "no pressure!", blending the color halfway up to my brow bone. This shade has some shimmer in it, but not enough for it to register as shinny or metallic on the eyelid.

As I felt that my brows looked quit skinny, I decided to amp them up using the Rimmer eyebrow pencil. I always use a heavy hand with it - light strokes are just not my thing - so I use a slightly tapered eyeshadow brush to blend the pencil.

Moving back to my eyes, I applied 3 coats of the Rimmer Lash Accelerator mascara. I figured since my lips are going to be glossy, my eyelashes could use some glossiness too.

All done with the eyes, I applied a good layer of translucent powder all over my face. I love using the powder puff, it's so soft!

Moving on to lips - I had worn a moisturizing lipstick the day before so I didn't need to use any lipbalm. I applied Mirage straight away. The first layer looks really pale, but the color payoff and coverage are good. I wanted to add more layers, and see how it would behave. The product turns from liquid to gel pretty quickly and it sets on your lips. So, if you do not work fast, it may turn patchy. Lots of patting, maybe some lip liner - or no lip liner - and you are all set.

It's not sticky at all, which is a relief. It does turn tacky, but that doesn't bother me. And it does last for hours, even with coffee time, lunch and dinner. Of course it fades and transfers on cups and glasses, but some of that gel stays put, even though it's not really a stain.

Being that it's such a pale shade - on my lips, at least - I felt like doing lots of blusher. So I took my big contouring brush ( no, I don't care that it's not made for applying blusher ), dipped it in my Farmasi orange blusher, tapped off the excess and swiped it across the apples of my cheeks and my cheek bones. Then I blended the edges with my fingers and done!

A simple summer casual Mirage look. I hope you found it inspiring.

xoxo
WildRose


1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone!
    Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts!
    Carry on the outstanding work!

    Check out my web blog :: labels

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinions here and sign