Search This Blog

4/24/2014

Sephora 2 in 1 waterproof eye makeup remover gel

Dear Roses and Lilies,

I received a cute little sample of this makeup remover recently and I decided to share my thoughts on it with you.


This retails at Sephora in the US for only $10.00 at 4.22 oz ( 125 ml ) of product. The price everywhere else in the world should be around $10.00 + some taxes specific to each country.

On to the packaging:

The bottle comes with a pump, which is hygienic and practical. Being that it is large, it won't be easy to carry around in your bag. But you can always use a small pot for traveling.

The ingredients:

Water, Propanediol, Poloxamer 184, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer,Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol,Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA,Sodium Hydroxide, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Potassium Sorbate,Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Apigenin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Oleanolic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1

All of these are there to help dissolve even stubborn eye makeup and soothe the eye area ( well, apart from preservatives, pH adjusters etc. ).

The claims:

A gentle gel that moisturizes while removing eye makeup in one gesture. It's supposed to be good for your eyelids as well as your lashes.

What it does:

This 2 in 1 waterproof eye makeup remover gel does help remove eye makeup pretty quickly. I tried two methods: first I dampened the cotton pad, then added the gel. Gently patted for ten seconds then took it off my eye. It did not remove all my mascara ( and I am not using a waterproof one ).

Second, I applied the gel directly onto a dry cotton pad. The left it on my eye for ten seconds, and removed it.

Again, it removed my eye makeup but not in "one swift gesture". Had to apply twice to make sure everything was off. I guess I am too used to Bioderma and had way to high expectations on this one.

In terms of skincare, it does make the skin around my eyes feel moisturized. I don't have problems with my lashes for the moment, so I doubt this product will make them grow longer.

It did not irritate my eyes in any way and I didn't end up with bits of mascara under my eyes in the morning.

Overall: it does the job well and that's good, considering the price. The gel texture is new to me and I discovered it feels quite fresh and not as heavy as a cleansing milk.

Have you tried any other gel makeup removers?

xoxo
WildRose


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign