Search This Blog

3/16/2014

Emerald if you please - Calvin Klein single eyeshadow

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Today we go green, but not with envy

For those of you who don't particularly like orchid hues ( as in the shade of the year ), a good alternative is emerald green.

The word "Emerald" is derived (via Old French: Esmeraude and Middle English: Emeraude), from Vulgar Latin: Esmaralda/Esmaraldus, a variant of Latin Smaragdus, which originated in Greek: σμάραγδος (smaragdos; "green gem") ( wikipedia.org )

This precious stone is one of the most fascinating gems to be found in nature. To me, an emerald is by far more beautiful than any diamond out there. I know I know, some of you may disagree. But I prefer this warm, green, fragile stone over some form of carbon that makes people go nuts.

So emerald, my darling - your hue takes me back to green forests and pastures, enjoying the simple things in life.

Surprisingly, I don't own many emerald green items. In terms of makeup, I had several hues of green, but never emerald... well, until now.



I found this gorgeous CK eyeshadow all by accident, whilst trying out some perfumes last week. I wasn't going to buy any makeup, but then the color immediately caught my eye. So I couldn't part with it and I am glad I didn't. :-)

This is from the Tempting Glance Intense eyeshadow line and the color is emerald #115. It has 1.40 g./0.05 OZ of product in it, but I think it's more than enough for a mono.

The packaging: square, clean, built-in mirror and tiny sponge applicator that is good for touch-ups.

The powder is finely milled and soft and it has micro shimmer in it, which makes the finish iridescent.

You can apply the eyeshadow in a contouring fashion, just into the crease and over a light base; as a sheer wash of color in one layer or add more drama by applying more layers. You can also apply it just as an eyeliner, with a damp brush.

Staying power is average - it lasts on me around 5 hours before it starts to crease and fade.

All in all, it is not the most impressive eyeshadow out there, but the color is wonderful!

xoxo
WildRose

 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign