Search This Blog

1/17/2014

Fragrance love: Guerlain Pamplelune Aqua Allegoria

Dear Roses and Lilies,

I woke up yesterday with a stuffy nose and the day went on with a series of headaches. I caught a cold... or a cold caught me.

So Friday couldn't have come sooner!

But the weather outside is depressing, so out with the mood boosters:

Although this is a more Spring/Summer fragrance, I find ( and many will agree ) that nothing can boost your mood more than cheerful citruses. And this works in Winter as well. ( Of course,what I should be doing is having sugar free lemonades... maybe later. )

Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria in Pamplelune - I love the name - and it is French for grapefruit - was created in 1999 ( nose behind it being Jean Paul Guerlain ).

Top notes are grapefruit and bergamot, middle notes are petitgrain, neroli and cassia, base notes are patchouli and vanilla.

The opening smells of delicious grapefruit and remains so for the most of the day. When it gets more "close to the skin", the vanilla peaks through. I can't say I smell the neroli or the patchouli, but, then again, the fragrance is supposed to be about grapefruit.

Armed with this and sniffing it on and off for the rest of  the day will, hopefully, help me reach the weekend easier.

And I'm gonna "ninja" the cold off!

xoxo
WildRose


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful ninja! I really love that word Pamplelune too! So I made some google "research" :)) and found out that indeed grapefruit in French is pamplemousse (new French word learned, yay!), so is Pamplelune a combination with lune? Anyway, you don't need necessarily lemonade, you can just eat lots of oranges, they have more vitamin C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would say what Guerlain came up is a combo between the two words. Makes it sound romantic, doesn't it?

      Delete
  2. ce ochi ai woooow <3 si ce draguta si superba esti.ca de obicei <3

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinions here and sign