Search This Blog

1/23/2014

On long lasting makeup

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Today was just one of those days that seem never-ending. It rained all day ( in January, rain! ) so I could hardly wait to come home.

For such days - when makeup would be last thing you'd want to worry about, there are some nice products you can use.





You want to aim for long lasting finishes, so you don't have to touch up during the day ( or, at least, keep the touching up to minimum ).



Start with foundation: you need to create a flawless base you can build on and it needs to be long lasting. I used Clarins Everlasting Foundation in 103 Ivory. It is a medium to full coverage one, with a velvety finish. It lasted on me for 10 hours without fading.

Clarins promises 15 hours of flawless wear. But, on oily skin, no foundation will keep the 15 hours promise. At some point, all the oil absorbing ingredients will have kept back all the oiliness they could. After that, your foundation will start to fade and you'll get shiny.

On to eyes: I had a taupe blouse on, so I figured I would go with a similar shade on my eyes. I used Benefit's cream shadow in "no pressure!" ( don't we just love the names! ), blending it with my fingers. Then I applied two coats of Lancome's Hypnose mascara to get full, long lashes.

I combed my brows and filled the little gaps using Rimmel's eyebrow pencil in 004 Brown black.

To help set my foundation, I applied a light dusting of powder: Bourjois's loose powder in 02 Rosy. Applying powder on top is necessary for combination and oily skin types. If you have normal or dry skin and you don't have any spots and things to conceal, then you won't need powder with long lasting foundations.

On to my cheeks: I am not a blusher type of girl ( although I do own quite a lot of blushers ) but, with medium coverage foundations I feel it's a must. So I lightly applied Clarins Blush Prodige in 03 Miami Pink. It's a nice powder blusher that lasts throughout the day without fading or getting patchy.

Finally, for my lips, I chose a moisturizing lipstick. This one is the limited edition shade 79 Saga from Chanel ( Rouge Coco Shine, the Chanel Avant Premiere collection ). It is a nice pink shade, that goes well with the blusher and doesn't stand out.
The Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks are quite sheer ( although there are more pigmented shades in the range as well ) and very easy to apply and moisturizing. Of course, they are not long lasting, hence you need to touch up during the day.

I love long lasting makeup! Do you?

xoxo
WildRose



2 comments:

  1. I liked your make up today...very nice. Only that I was waaaay too busy to remark on it then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've thought you had fever or something... :-))) Thank you

      Delete

Share your opinions here and sign