Search This Blog

12/06/2013

Serums serums... Dr. Scheller

Dear Roses and Lilies,

I want to talk to you some more about the Dr. Scheller Jojoba & Shisandra, Irritationsmilderndes Intensiv-Serum, featured in my skincare faves post.



I posted the German name here because... they already revamped the serum and are selling it in the US under a slightly easier to pronounce and remember name and I have the old version, bought at a much more affordable price, but doing the same thing as the new version. :-D

Moving on... what's in my serum:

Aqua, Glycerin, Betaine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Schizandra Fruit Extract, Gossypium Herbaceum Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Chondrus Crispus, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate

According to the ingredient analysis done via www.cosdna.com, the Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, also known as Jojoba seed oil, can cause breakouts and/or irritate your skin if you are super sensitive (which it shouldn't, since the product is aimed at sensitive skin!!!).

Chondrus Crispus (Irish moss) poses the same problem with sensitive skin. But it's in your ice cream as well, so who cares?! :-))

Lecithin, tocopherol and ascorbyl palmitate are three of the antioxidants that can make your life worse if you have acne problems. No acne for me, so I'm safe.

As you can see, there are no parabens, silicon, mineral oils or synthetic colorants in this product. Which is excellent, given that many name brands still try to cut corners by using only the cheapest and most toxic (on the long term) ingredients...

Now, alcohol makes Mojito taste good, but I don't fancy it when applied to my skin.  

This serum does have alcohol in it, used as a solvent - which prevents the juice from becoming thick. It's positioned lower on the ingredients list, so there's not much of it in the product (compared to some of the foundations I tested, where the alcohol is placed right after the water - a lucky number 2 on the list - makes me think about cocktails again).

Schizandra - for those who didn't know, is a plant indigenous to East Asia. Its berries are used in traditional Chinese medicine, where it is considered one of the 50 fundamental herbs. (thank you, www.wikipedia.org!)

Apparently, it's also good for your skin and this one is unlikely to cause any breakouts.

All in all, I am happy I bought this serum... although, at first, I kinda' laughed when I read the print on the packaging (yes, in German). I thought this would be one more inefficient product some obscure company launched - to fool us, cheap babes.

It's not the case, however. The serum works - no high expectations please! - it moisturizes my skin after I wash it and calms down redness.

Little to no breakouts and no itchy or greasy feel to my skin!

And what I really love about this serum is that it has a dropper instead of a pump, which makes it fun to use and it is more hygienic too.

Have you tried other products from Dr. Scheller? Can you recommend any?

xoxo
WildRose



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign