Search This Blog

12/16/2013

Serums serums... Clarins HydraQuench

Dear Roses and Lilies,

So far, I reviewed two serums - one for treating sensitive skin, one for gentle exfoliation and brightening.

This time, I'll talk about one good for moisturizing dehydrated skin: Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase.

Long name, kind of hard to remember, but once you see the blue bottle, you'll know this is the one.

What I have at the moment is the sample size.





A dinky 3 ml bottle I am happy with. :-)

What's in my serum:

Aqua, Glycerine, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoates, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Chloride, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherylacetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Alcohol, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Carrageenan Extract, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Alfalfa Extract, Cedrelopsis Grevei Bark Extract, Pyrus Sorbus Bud Extract, Sorbic Acid, Tocopherol, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 60730 (Violet 2).

It is a water based serum, so no greasy or sticky feel. It does contain alcohol and fragrance so I wouldn't recommend it on a very sensitive skin.

It also has hyaluronic acid and some cool plant extracts that help seal in moisture. Of course, you're also supposed to wear your regular moisturizer on top, especially if your skin feels shriveled with thirst.

This tiny sample has seen two trips abroad and chilly German weather and it did a very good job. I could take it with me on the airplane ( d'oh! ) and I only needed one drop to take care of my dry patches. No moisturizer on top, I swear! :-))

From what I read on the net, this one does a good job for combo, oily or normal skin. It does not, on its own, moisturize dry or very dry skin. Not intensive enough, some say.

I considered buying a full size bottle but, at the price, I can get a moisturizing serum that doesn't have fragrance and/or alcohol in it. Again, my problem with allergens...

Have you tried this one? Did you like it?

xoxo
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign