Search This Blog

12/28/2013

Christmas beauty buys

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Beside of  the little makeup treasures I bought just before Christmas, my darling bf also bought me some highly coveted glamorous makeup pieces: the new and enhanced Rouge Dior lipstick in # 365 Rose Songe and the Diorshow Fusion Mono eyeshadow in Cosmos.



I bought my first Dior lipstick two years ago, after extensive online "research".  I was shopping for the perfect lipstick for my mom. It had to be super moisturizing even after removing it, the perfect neutral shade and easy to apply ( preferably on the go, no lipliner required ).

After much careful consideration, the winner was Dior. And it did not disappoint!

The formula is moisturizing, the lipstick glides on like a dream and stays put for hours. As a bonus, it smells really pleasant and inviting, like any glam lipstick should really. It doesn't have a vintage rose scent or a candy-like one; it's a light floral scent that fades away once you apply the lipstick.

This year, for their 60th anniversary, Dior relaunched their couture lipsticks in an enhanced formula, slightly different packaging and new shades.

Formula-wise, I can only say it's still super moisturizing, so I don't really think it needed improvement to begin with. The finish, however, is glossier and more luminous ( the light reflecting particles help with that ). As a result, your lips will look fuller and fresher.

The scent stays the same, which is awesome, because I really fell in love with it.

As for the eyeshadow, it also launched earlier this year and I've been really obsessed with it. Cream eyeshadows are so easy to play with it and last a lot more on me than powders. The Dior cream eyeshadows have a shimmery finish, perfect for party looks and a texture to die for. The shade range available in RO is limited, but who needs white eyeshadow anyway? ;-)

So far, I only got # 881 Hypnotique and # 281 Cosmos - two different shades close to my heart. Hypnothic is smoky, plummy brown with multicolored micro-shimmer and Cosmos is a shimmery blackened navy blue, like the night sky in summer.

Now that I can put the stars on and glossy lips, I am party ready! ;-)

What's your New Year's Eve party look going to be like?

xoxo
WildRose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign