Search This Blog

10/20/2013

Winter memories

Dear Roses and Lilies,

Winter is a special season for me, and I associate it with fluffy scarves, hot chocolate, cinnamon and dark colors.

And these are some of the things I hold dear each Winter





Because I am always somewhat pale during the winter months and my skin bounces from being combination to sensitive to oily ( according to temperature changes and... well... hormones ) I either wear a hydrating foundation, like Guerlain's Parure de Lumiere in Beige Clair 02, or a long lasting one - like Clarins Everlasting Foundation in Ivory 103. And I often use a primer underneath because the more I sit in front of the computer, the more my foundation tends to slide off. Weird, right?

For my cheeks, I apply Clarins Blush Prodige in Miami Pink 03, which works both as a blusher and a highlighter - and I receive a lot of compliments every time I wear it.

For my eyes, I sometimes apply a bit of Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base ( shade 00, pale and slightly rosy ), which btw also works great as a concealer for dark spots. This is good for making your powder eyeshadow last longer. ;-) And with dark colors, you really don't want to experience fading halfway into the day or the night.

Lips need more care during winter, so I choose creamy, hydrating lipsticks. Dior lipsticks have a luxurious feel to them, in addition to being super hydrating. Sadly, I currently own one shade only, which I think got discontinued - Hypnotic Red 862. It looks really dark in the tube, but you can make it wearable. Either apply it with your finger for a red stain that looks chic on whatever occasion, with a brush for burgundy delight or straight from the bullet for a vamp-y allure.

Cool tip: apply a bit of lipstick on your cheeks, using your fingertips, and blend away


For a final touch, add a spritz of cranberry and tea dream - Givenchy's Ange our Demon Le Secret - or bask in the rich scent of green tea with the solid perfume from L'Occitane.

Also, don't forget to sip a cup of hot chocolate while reading this post. Add cinnamon for extra coziness.  :-D

See ya' soon!

xoxo
WildRose



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions here and sign