Search This Blog

10/06/2013

Spring memories

Dear Roses and Lilies,

The weather outside inspired me to write a series of posts featuring my favorite things to remind me of the 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.

It's really about what made me smile on a certain day and what I return to and rely on to make me feel all warm and cozy.

Today's post features Spring beauty:


The cute little Guess handbag was a gift that still brightens my days, no matter the season (and it's big enough to carry beauty essentials, my phone and my wallet).

I got the YSL lipstick before I went abroad this year. Knowing that the weather in DE would be killer bleak, I just needed to go fuchsia-crazy (pics available on Facebook).

And, "when in Rome", why not get the limited edition Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in 79 Saga? It (almost) replaces my lip balm on cold days and, while it used to make me look pale in Spring, now that I do have a slight tan, it tunes in beautifully with my complexion.

Whenever I want to sport a "no make up" make up look, I rely on my Too Faced Natural Face palette. I must admit, I have a love-hate relationship with this one. While I hate the bronzer for making me look yellow (no, it's not good for contouring either), I absolutely love the cream blusher and the cream highlighter.

The Clinique mascara is my absolute favorite: doesn't smudge - not even in a sauna! - perfectly defines and coats each lash, the brush is cute and small - just what my tiny eyes need - and, last but not least - it's warm water removal.

The eyeshadow quad on the right is one of the affordable beauty products I'm really satisfied with: sparkly/metallic baked eyeshadow from Farmasi, good for evening looks or daytime looks with a twist. I like that it doesn't fade or crease on me like some high end eyeshadows do. Plus, molten metal was a trend for Spring and metallics are back for Fall as well (will talk about that later).


All these are just a few things to brighten up a dull day. Hope you'll get inspired to dig out your Spring favorites and share in the comments box below! :-D

See ya' later!

xoxo
WildRose

1 comment:

Share your opinions here and sign