Search This Blog

10/23/2013

My skincare faves

Dear Roses and Lilies,

No matter if it's hot or cold outside, taking care of your skin is essential. But how many products does one really need?

Browsing through websites and forums, you will find more than enough reviews and info on virtually any cosmetic product. So it's up to each one of us what we choose and how much time and money we want to invest.

Keeping an eye on my budget and on the ingredients lists as well, these are the products I selected this far from the pool of skincare stuff on the market

In terms of cleansing, soap and water sometimes does the trick. But most of the times, my skin feels tight and dry.

So I've gotten used to the Bioderma Sensibio H2O micelle solution - for removing makeup or just refreshing when I'm at home.

The AslaVital Revitalizing Cleansing Milk is ideal for sensitive skin and it contains goji berry extracts and clay.

The Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris and the HydraQuench Cream-Gel are suitable for oily skin but, because they are both quite fragrant, I only use them as an aromatherapy "fix".

Otherwise, I am a fan of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which doesn't contain any fragrance, so it is less likely to irritate my skin.

For calming down and moisturizing my skin during the night, I've discovered a really budget friendly product from Dr. SCHELLER - Soothing Intensive Serum. It has got a lineup of natural ingredients, including jojoba oil.

For my eyes, I use the Korres Evening Primrose eye cream and for particularly puffy mornings - Clarins Eye Revive Beauty Flash. They work wonders on tired eyes!

For dry lips, I generously apply the yummy mango lip balm from TheBodyShop. It moisturizes really well and it tastes sweet.

Last but not least, when I don't feel like using moisturizer and applying foundation, I use the Bioderma Sensibio AR BB Cream. It's aimed at sensitive skins prone to rosacea. Lucky for me, I don't have that problem. But I still like to use it because it calms down any redness. This will be particularly useful during the cold winter months.

For the rest of the skin on my body, I just use rich shower creams, exfoliate when I remember to and apply cream in the form of sunscreen if I'm sunbathing.

What's your skincare routine?

xoxo
WildRose


2 comments:

  1. My skin is not the best example, but since you've asked, I keep my skincare routine simple, because every time I try something my skin tells me to leave it alone. In the morning I always wash my face with plain cold water (no cleanser), no matter how cold I feel, and as a big Nivea fan that I am I use Nivea Q10 moisturiser for combinational skin. As for the evening I don't use anything and don't even cleanse my face :P, except for the rare days when I use make-up. I've tried many products in my life, as I had really big problems with acne, but getting old has its advantages and acne is fading away little by little, now I just have a patch of skin on my chin that keeps breaking out but I can live with that :P My skin just looks at its best with as little action on it as possible. And the best best beauty treatment for me, which I recommend to anyone :D is a good and long sleep, it works like 10 spas. But since time is money...I now have a dilemma, is it free or not? hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting approach to skincare. :-) The important thing is that it works for you. And I agree, a good night's sleep works wonders. I'd rather "lose" that time for my own health than pay a lot of money later on to take care of wrinkles, anxiety attacks and memory lapses. :))

      Delete

Share your opinions here and sign